Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October is SIDS Awareness Month


SIDS is responsible for roughly 50 deaths per 100,000 births in the US, including the death of my daughter Tess.
SIDS most commonly occurs between the ages of 1 and 4 months. My daughter was 10 weeks old.

SIDS becomes the leading cause of death in otherwise healthy babies after one month of age yet there is very little funding for research on what really causes SIDS.

Sudden infant death rate is at an all time low. Since 1983, the rate of SIDS has fallen by over 50 percent.

Even though the SIDS death rate has fallen by 50 percent there are about 2,500 deaths per year in the United States, and thousands more throughout the world.

For more information on SIDS or to learn ways to help please visit http://www.sids.org/ndonate.htm

This post is in loving memory of my daughter
Tess Alexandra
02/08/10-04/21/10

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Jordan, you and your family are in my thoughts and in my heart. I will most definitely light a candle. Please call me if you need me.