Monday, December 19, 2011

I Love Love Love This Seven Year Old

Our Christmas baby turned 7 this last week. She was due on Christmas day, but because I threw a fit the doctor did my csection about ten days early. Hahaha! Scarlett was born the morning of December 15, 2004. Scarlett Renee weighed 8 lbs 3 oz and was such a good baby from the very beginning. She always had such a good disposition and other people would always comment on what a sweet baby she was too. We were so happy to welcome a second child to our family and to have a sister for Avery.

Scarlett has been looking forward to her birthday and more specifically her birthday party for a good long while. We didn't have a birthday party for her last year and I am not even really sure why. I know that this time last year was a hard and to be honest I just don't I was up to it. Her sweet little self has been talking about her birthday seriously for over a year. I knew that we had to throw her a party and am so glad we did.

She decided to have a skating party. I was really pleased because she had a several friends come from her first grade class. I know this is a busy time of year and I was so very thankful for everyone that came out to help us celebrate and to make her day special. We had pizza, cake and did a little skating!!

Scarlett Renee is our little peacemaker. She is always trying to keep the peace and make everyone happy in our home. She is always giving me a look whenever I am freaking out over something that lets me know to take a chill pill. She also never wants to see Avery get in trouble and really is affected by any contention that might be going on with any of us. She is also our social butterfly and wants to be involved in everything. She is a spitfire and she brings so much joy to our family and to my heart. I am so blessed to be able to be her mother.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

She is adorable!! Glad she had such a great birthday party!! I didn't realize how close in age our 7 year olds are...well mine doesn't turn 7 until the beginning of Feb...we SO need to meet up sometime :)

Amy von Oven said...

She is just precious. She sounds like me growing up. LOL I was the peacemaker.... I'm glad it went so great!