Friday, July 1, 2011

The S.S. Saylor!!!!!!!


Haven't posted in about two months. I have been busy with a new little one in our house. So glad to announce that on May 23rd we welcomed little Saylor Evans to our family. He was delivered 4 weeks early and still weighed 8 lbs 6 oz. What a chunk. It has been a bit different having a boy baby. Even though he is my fourth baby, the diaper changes have been a bit different and something to get used to. The first week or so, I seemed to be a little bit out of my comfort zone and would let poor Saylor pee all over himself during every diaper change. We have it down a little better now after five weeks of practice. He is weighing close to 13 lbs and definitely is a big eater. He doesn't sleep very good unless I am holding him, so we have slept in the recliner every night pretty much for the last several weeks. He really is a good baby and I am so thankful that I get to do this all over again. I would be lying if I said that haven't been a nervous wreck the past few weeks. I am doing better every week and feeling more confident every day about being a mother again to an infant. I definitely feel the Lord's guiding hand and the spirit with me. The peace I have felt especially the last couple of weeks has been a wonderful gift from my Heavenly Father and even I think from our little Tess. I hope she is proud of me and knows how much we love her and her new baby brother. Very very bittersweet time for me. So sweet when I think about our new little baby boy and when I think of the sweet moments I got to spend with his big sister. Bitter still when I think of how our time was cut short. I am praying to have faith to know in my heart that this is how it was supposed to work out. Little by little my hard heart is being chipped away, so I can feel the JOY again. I am thankful for that.

1 comment:

Angeline and Matt said...

Congratulations Jordan, he is just beautiful!